9.2.14

HOW I CLEAN MY MAKEUP BRUSHES

Today I thought I would share with you all a quick and cheap way to clean your makeup brushes. I think it is very important to clean your brushes on a regular basis (maybe once every week/fortnight) to prevent the spread of germs and dirt which could be spread onto your face. It is also another way to prevent the appearance of impurities and spots.  I know this  process is a massive chore and it can easily be avoided but it does need to be done and the result after is always a great feeling. Here's how I clean my brushes & some of the products I use.To start of with, I rinse all my dirty brushes under warm water just to get them ready to wash. I then squeeze a tiny a amount of cleaning product on the end of the brush and using my the palm of my hand, I swirl the brush around to start removing all the product that is in it. I also push down on the bristles with my thumb (under the warm water) to help squeeze out any more excess product. I don't use anything "fancy" or expensive to clean my brushes, usually just a cheap shampoo or baby shampoo. It leaves my brushes clean and soft and it is easy to get hold off. Once I think most of the product and dirt has been removed, I usually pat them down using a clean towel and then leave them to dry naturally. I do this process in the evening so they have time to try and are ready for use in the morning. Some brushes are harder to clean such as my foundation brush (Real technique Buffer brush) as there's more product on it to clean.

6 comments:

  1. Hey sweety,
    Your blog is nice :)
    would you like to follow each other on GFC ?
    Let me know so I can follow you back :)
    http://indiesan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same, actually cleaned my brushes a few moments ago! ;)
    xx
    http://marybloomy.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. i'd love to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing! Thanks for sharing :)

    xx Alyson
    Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though it doesn't take long, cleaning your brushes is such a chore! It's such a nice feeling when they're all fluffy and clean though :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments! Click the "Notify me" button to be informed of any follow-up comments.