28.1.14

COLLECTION LASTING PERFECTION FOUNDATION

Recently I have been wanting to try out more drugstore foundations. Like I said in my Everyday Makeup post I don't usually wear foundation in the day, I prefer to use a CC cream. However on a night out or on a long day out I want something with a bit more coverage. I have always been a big fan of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer but I was a bit sceptical about what the foundation would be like. It's been out for a while but I just haven't ever tried it. However, I thought I would try it as you never know what something is like unless you try it.
This foundation only costs £5.99 which is very good price. You can view it online HERE. However when it comes to foundation I always think 'the cheaper it is, the worse it will be' which is really bad of me. Having said that, this foundation has proved me wrong. I really like the coverage and the way it applies to my skin. I have it in the shade (3) Biscuit. It is one of the lighter shades as you can see from the swatch below. It is oil free which is really good for people with oily skin. However, I do touch up my powder a couple of times as my face looks shiny. 
Although I wouldn't agree with the '16 hour wear' claim, it does last a long time. It stays put throughout a night or a busy day. I also really like the fact that it has SPF 20 which is good for people who want to protect their skin further. It blends really well and works well the concealer if you want a lot of coverage. I really like the glass packaging as well. I would recommend this product if you are wanting something which you can build coverage with or wanting a starter foundation to try. However I think there are better high street foundations that can help with those who have oily skin like the Bourjois 123 foundation although that is slightly more expensive.

5 comments:

  1. Not a foundation for me - great review though :) x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the ever-so-famous Lasting Perfection concealer and it's great stuff :)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I wish Collection was available in Aus. Shame.
    Lovely post amongst all your other fantastic additions that I'm reading through at the moment.
    So glad to have stumbled across your blog

    x Gen

    http://editorinthemaking.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments! Click the "Notify me" button to be informed of any follow-up comments.